Roque urges Communist leaders to move on

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Saturday said they expect the AFP to submit their recommendation next week, after which President Rodrigo Duterte will make the decision either to ask  for another extension or  end it by the end of the month.-Newsline.ph photo

DAVAO CITY, Philippines —- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque is asking the Communist rebels to move on as other communist countries have fully developed while they are lagging behind.

President Rodrigo Duterte terminated the talks with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) saying the rebels never reciprocated his goodwill and worse, continue to attack government forces while the talks was ongoing.

Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte officially declared the termination of the national government’s talks with the rebel groups by issuing Proclamation No. 360,

A day after the President issued Proclamation, CPP founding chairman Jose Ma. Sison called Duterte a political swindler.

During the Monday press briefing at the Presidential Guest House in Panacan, this city, Roque stressed that the ball is now in the Left’s court for any possible revival of negotiations.

“It is permanent that the cessation of peace talks is permanent for now,” Roque said. “It’s ironical but that is really the status right now.”

Roque even said the communist must move on.