37 new Covid-19 recoveries, 2 deaths among Pinoys abroad

Date:

Share post:

MANILA – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday said 37 more Filipinos abroad recovered from coronavirus disease (Covid-19) while two died, bringing the total to 5,200 and 563, respectively.

Most of the recoveries came from the USA at 35 with only two coming from Asia. On the other hand, the deaths were recorded in the Middle East.

In its latest bulletin, the DFA noted a decrease in new confirmed cases with only two infections registered in Asia.

Currently, there are a total of 2,866 active cases among overseas Filipinos — 128 are undergoing treatment in the Asia Pacific, 470 in Europe, 2,149 in the Middle East/Africa, and 119 in the Americas.

“The DFA shall continue to keep track of the status of Filipinos abroad and work to safely repatriate more of our stranded nationals home as we keep on this fight against this pandemic,” the DFA said.

The agency has so far repatriated 68,440 Filipinos since the outbreak began, 35,059 of whom are sea-based while 33,381 are land-based.

This week, it facilitated the return of almost 10,000 Filipino repatriates. (PNA)

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...

PTFoMS pushes media safety drive as BARMM, local polls near

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 21)  — With two major elections looming, the government’s media security task force...