BIFF death toll now 20

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY (MMarch 14) — Clashes between government forces and the Bangsamoro Islamic Federation Fighters (BIFF) has now reached 20 as fighting continues on its fourth day.

“We will not ease up our operation against the BIFF. We have the support of the communities,” Major Arvin John Encinas, Army’s 6th Infantry Division spokesperson, said.

He identified 15 of the 20 BIFF casualties as Abdulkarim Kadil, Yusop Latiman, Pagal Yusop, Pacardo Musa, Aladdin Bagundong, Mohammedin Acop, Ansari Bokaler, Sugapon Magtala, Mohaquer Mamak, Khagi Mamak, Duan Ali, Mubarak Antuli, Yusop Kader, and a certain Dagado and Abdullah.

The government has so far one casualty in the person of Sgt. Romy Obogan of the Army’s 61st Reconnaissance Company.

The military said same informants reported that dismembered body parts of three BIFF casualties, brought about by incessant air strikes and artillery fire, littered the site of the battle in Barangay Inaladan, Shariff Saydona Mustapha, Maguindanao.

“Two other bodies of militants were found by advancing government troopers, together with three unexploded anti-personnel mines in adjacent Barangay Pagatin of Datu Salibo town,” Encinas added.

As the fighting continues within Salibo-Pagatin-Mamasapano-Shariff Aguak (SPMS) area, eight soldiers were reported wounded.

“The BIFF has a much larger number of casualties at 20, whose names were relayed to us by our informants on the ground,” Encinas said.

Encinas said government forces are slowly inching their way nearer to pinpointed lairs of the BIFF, leaving the extremists no space to withdraw to nearby towns and the vast Liguasan Marsh area.

“We are sealing off all possible points of withdrawal by the BIFF to avoid a spillover of the conflict,” he said. (with reports from PNA)


spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...