Deadline for motorcycle barrier installation extended to July 26

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY   — The Join Task Force on Covid-19 Shield has extended the implementation for the mandatory installation of safety barriers prescribed for back riding couples.

In a press statement, Lt. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, the head of Task Force Shield said, the National Task Force (NTF) Against Covid-19 approved their recommendation to extend the original deadline from July 19 to July 26, to give riders enough time to install either of the two barriers that passed the safety standard—the Bohol prototype and the Angkas design.

“As per our Secretary of the Interior and Local Government (SILG) Eduardo Año, from the original July 19, the deadline for motorcycle riders to comply with the required barrier for pillion riding is now moved to July 26,” Eleazar said.

The extension was sought after the Task Force consulted the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) through general manager Jojo Garcia, the Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group led by Brig. Gen. Eliseo Cruz and George Royeca, designer of the Angkas-made model.

A group of motorists has earlier asked the government to give them ample time to install the barrier that will conform with the guidelines and safety standards set by the Task Force.

Eleazar said he had already coordinated with PNP chief, Gen. Archie Francisco Gamboa for the dissemination of information down to the local commanders and the policemen manning and supervising the quality control points (QCPS) across the country, especially in Metro Manila and other highly urbanized cities.

“We hope that the two-week grace period is more than enough for motorists to conform to the safety standards of the two approved designs to ensure the safety of both the driver and the riders,” he added.

But, pending the deadline, the Task Force will continue to apprehend violators of the said order.-Newsline

spot_img

Related articles

Norway backs Bangsamoro peace push with upgraded joint ops center in Cotabato

COTABATO CITY (February 17)  — In a region once defined by armed clashes, former foes are now sharing...

DICT arms Tawi-Tawi teachers vs. online child abuse as internet access expands

33 teachers from 12 Sibutu schools in Tawi-Tawi completed cybersecurity, data privacy, and OSAEC training under the Department...

Davao Light energizes Kapalong hospital, marks first major hookup under new franchise

KAPALONG, Davao del Norte (February 17)  — Reliable power has finally reached a critical lifeline in this town. The...

Basilan launches first Madaris council, eyes model Islamic education system by 2026

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 17) — In a move seen as a milestone for Islamic education in the province,...