Dengue, measles, diphtheria cases drop in Q1 2022: DOH

Date:

Share post:

 The number of dengue, measles, and diphtheria cases in the country has dropped from January to March compared to the same period last year, a health official said Friday.

In a briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire noted there are 10,915 recorded cases of dengue from January until March 19 which is lower compared to last year’s 20,213 cases during the same months.

As for measles, there are 45 reported cases for the first three months this year which is also lower compared to 83 cases last year.

Vergeire said the decrease in the number of reported measles cases may have been affected by the implementation of minimum public health standards, reduced interactions among individuals due to coronavirus disease 2019 restrictions, and non-reporting of cases to rural health units.

Patuloy natin pataasin ang ating routine immunization rates lalo na sa ating mga kabataan para maprotektahan tayo sa mga sakit na nabanggit (Let’s continue to increase our routine immunization rates especially among our children for protection against such diseases),” she added.

The Department of Health will conduct routine immunization from April to June every last Thursday and Friday of the month.

It aims to vaccinate at least 80 percent of the remaining 1.1 million infants who missed their routine immunization in 2021.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Iqbal resists resignation as BARMM power struggle exposes cracks inside MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 21) — A growing political crisis inside the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao has...

Duterte taps veteran ICC acquittal lawyer as defense battle intensifies

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY  (May 21) — Former president Rodrigo Duterte has strengthened his legal defense before the...

Comelec races to fast-track BARMM poll results, eyes full proclamation in 48 hours

MANILA  (May 21) — The Commission on Elections is aiming for an unusually fast turnaround in the first-ever...

SC rebuffs Dela Rosa bid to block ICC-linked arrest moves, deepening accountability pressure

MANILA  (May 21) — The Supreme Court of the Philippines has refused to shield Sen. Ronald dela Rosa...