Senate issues show cause order against Quiboloy

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — Senate President Juan Miguel Zubiri has signed the show cause order against Apollo Quiboloy giving him 48 hours to explain why he should not be arrested and detained by the Senate’s Office of the Sergeant-At-Arms.

“You are hereby ordered to show cause within a non-extendible period of forty-eight (48) hours from receipt of this Order why you should not be ordered arrested and detained at the Office of the Sergeant-At-Arms,” Hontiveros stated in the said order.

The show cause order.

​​it said the content of the resolution signed by Senate President Zubiri based on the letter of Senator Risa Hontiveros.

The order came out after Hontiveros had a meeting with Zubiri earlier regarding the ongoing Senate investigation on Quiboloy.

The document is dated around March 13, because it will be delivered to Quiboloy tomorrow.

“The Sergeant-At-Arms is hereby directed to make a return hereof within twenty-four (24) hours from its enforcement,” the letter stated.

The Senate Panel sent an invitation to Quiboloy three times, but Quiboloy did not show up.

Quiboloy is being investigated by the Senate  Committee on Women, Children, Family Relations and Gender on allegations of human trafficking activities and children and women abuses.    

However, Quiboloy has repeatedly denied all these.

Earlier on, Quiboloy urged the Senate to file a case before the court saying “Kahit ako’y anak ng Dios. Akoy under sa batas ng lupa at doon ko kayo sasagutin.”

(File the case in court. Even if I am the son of God, I am under the laws of the land and I will answer you there).

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

SC clears way for Bato arrest over ICC warrant — DOJ

MANILA (May 23) — The arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court against Ronald dela Rosa can...

Sara impeachment trial puts accountability test before Senate

MANILA (May 23)— The Senate’s planned impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte is shaping up not only...

PNP launches manhunt for Bato after SC clears ICC arrest

MANILA (May 23) — The net is tightening around Sen. Bato dela Rosa. The Philippine National Police on Friday...

Macacua takeover of BARMM education ministry exposes widening rift in MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 22) — The takeover of the Bangsamoro education ministry by Abdulraof Macacua has deepened tensions...