P10.2-M Shabu Seized, 3 Suspects Nabbed in Zamboanga City Twin Drug Busts

Date:

Share post:

ZAMBOANGA CITY (March 16) — Three suspected drug dealers were arrested and more than P10 million worth of suspected shabu was seized in two separate anti-drug operations conducted Saturday in Zamboanga City, authorities said.

According to Bryan Babang, operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency carried out the buy-bust operations that led to the arrest of three suspects identified only by their aliases “Brandon,” “Arnold,” and “Ben.”

“Brandon,” a city resident, was first arrested around 7:50 p.m. along Corcuera Street in Barangay Zone 4 after allegedly selling illegal drugs to an undercover operative.

Authorities recovered one kilogram of suspected shabu valued at about P6.8 million, along with marked money, a mobile phone, and a car believed to have been used in the drug delivery.

Earlier that afternoon, two other suspects—“Arnold” and “Ben”—were arrested during another buy-bust operation outside a hotel in Barangay Canelar at around 4:45 p.m.

Seized from them were about 500 grams of suspected shabu worth P3.4 million.

Babang said the operations were carried out after the suspects agreed to complete drug transactions with undercover agents.

The three suspects are now facing charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Authorities said the successful operations underscore continuing efforts to disrupt the illegal drug trade in the city, a key transport hub in western Mindanao.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

ICC sets stage for Duterte drug war trial as defense raises health concerns

DAVAO CITY  (May 18) --- The long-awaited international trial over Rodrigo Duterte’s bloody drug war may finally begin...

Butuan closes maternal care gap for remote villages

BUTUAN CITY  (May 18) --- In the upland villages of Butuan City, childbirth once meant a dangerous race...

PNP under fire as probe digs into alleged police escort for Bato

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY  (May 18) --- The Philippine National Police now finds itself battling questions of credibility...

BARMM’s credibility crisis: Macacua moves to force out Iqbal over P2.2-B audit scandal

COTABATO CITY (May 18) — The Bangsamoro government is facing one of its biggest credibility crises yet after...