American vlogger abducted; suspects posed as police officers

Date:

Share post:

COTABATO CITY — The Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) is actively investigating the reported abduction of American vlogger Elliot Onil Eastman in Sitio Tungawan, Sibuco, Zamboanga del Norte.

According to initial reports, four armed men claiming to be law enforcement officers forcibly entered the area and abducted Eastman around 11 PM Thursday last night. Eyewitness accounts indicate that the victim resisted, sustaining a gunshot wound to his leg before the suspects took him away in a boat, likely heading towards Basilan or Sulu.

“We are on alert. We are conducting relentless monitoring now and have deployed our ground commanders who have territorial jurisdiction in the mentioned provinces,” Police Brigadier General Romeo Juan Macapaz, the newly installed regional director of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) police, said during a press conference on October 18 in Camp Salipada K. Pendatun, Parang, Maguindanao del Norte.

Police Colonel Helen Galvez, PRO9 spokesperson, stated that no ransom demand has been received so far, and authorities are still probing the motive behind the abduction.

The PRO9 is coordinating with various units involved in the investigation, including the Anti-Kidnapping Unit 9 and the Zamboanga del Norte Police Provincial Office. Additionally, the Bangsamoro Police are on high alert for any potential movement of the suspects into their area of responsibility.

Hot pursuit operations are ongoing, involving the Sibuco Municipal Police Station, the Marines, the Provincial Mobile Force Company, and other units in collaboration with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

Authorities are urging anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward as they work diligently to locate Eastman and apprehend the suspects.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Ombudsman urged to probe P4.4-B Davao flood projects over ‘ghost work,’ double payments

MANILA  (May 20) — Questions over billions of pesos in flood control spending in Davao City have reached...

New emergency power deal aims to shield MisOcc towns from outages

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY  (May 20) — Consumers in several towns and cities in Misamis Occidental could see...

BARMM housing project gives Maguindanao Sur families safer homes, fresh start

COTABATO CITY  (May 20) — For dozens of poor families in Barangay Katil, receiving the keys to a...

Save the bees, save Samal mangoes, growers told

DAVAO CITY  (May 20) — Farmers in Island Garden City of Samal are being urged to protect native...