BARMM simply celebrates 1st Anniversary

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY —The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) simply celebrated the region’s first anniversary on March 29.

Chief Minister Ahod ‘Al Haj’ Murad Ebrahim, the Bangsamoro Government originally planned to hold commemoration activites, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, “the Bangsamoro Government will instead focus on service delivery for its people today,” he said.“Aming napagtanto na mas prayoridad natin ang paglaban sa sakit na ito at matugunan ang pangangailangan ng ating mga kababayan,” Ebrahim said

Instead of the festivities, the BARMM government turned over hundreds of medical supplies and equipment to COVID-19 referral hospitals such as the Cotabato Regional and Medical Center in Cotabato City, Cotabato Sanitarium Hospital in Sultan Kudarat Maguindanao, and to Amai PakPak Medical Center in Lanao del Sur.

More medical supplies are expected to arrive in the region, which will be distributed to other priority hospitals, including Maguindanao Provincial Hospital, Basilan Genreal Hospital, Sulu Provincial Hospital, and Datu Sakilan Memorial Hospital in Tawi-Tawi.Meanwhile, to address the needs of it residents affected by the community quarantine, the Bangsamoro Government has started its simultaneous relief operations all over the region.

.Ebrahim said the BARMM’s Ministry of Social Services and Development (MSSD) has allocated an initial amount of P7.3 million to its provincial offices to procure relief goods for the constituents earlier this week.The MSSD-BARMM will also lead the relief distribution in the 63 barangays in North Cotabato.In Cotabato City, over 16,000 families have been targeted by the Bangsamoro Government for its massive relief operation.-Newsline

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...