Breaking: Marawi folks advised to be calm as soldiers dispose unexploded bombs today

Date:

Share post:

MARAWI CITY (August3) — The Task Force Bangon Marawi has advised Marawi residents and the general public to remain calm and not to panic when they hear loud explosion today, as the Joint Task Group Builders dispose the recovered general purpose bombs.

Members of the Joint Task Group Builder and bomb disposal ordnance team will detonate and dispose the recovered recovered unexploded General Purpose Bombs and ordnance here this morning.

The team dug a 9-meter deep hole in Barangay Moncado Colony in sector 2 of the most affected area . The disposal starts at 9:00am to 12:00 noon today, Saturday, August 3.

A 500 pound genera purpose bomb discovered last week will will be among the items for disposal today.-TFBM photo

Col. Ireneo Sebastian, commander of the JTG Builder, said the GP Bombs and UXOs were retrieved during the demolition and clearing operations in the different parts of the 250-hectare part of Marawi that was affected by the five-month war in 2017.

Sebastian said they already advised the public and explained to them that the activity is part of the rehabilitation and rebuilding program of the government in Marawi City.-Divina Suson/NewsLine.ph

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...

PTFoMS pushes media safety drive as BARMM, local polls near

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 21)  — With two major elections looming, the government’s media security task force...