Solaire loses 40 bookings after Resorts World incident

Posted on

MANILA, Philippines— Bloomberry Resorts Corp.’s Solaire Resort and Casino, had experienced cancellation of 40 bookings following the shooting and fire incident in its neighboring casino Resorts World Manila last week.

On the sidelines of the company’s stockholders meeting Thursday, Bloomberry Chairman Enrique Razon said the 40 booking cancellations were both from individual and junket bookings.

“But since then we haven’t had one. Because that was following the incident, it wasn’t clear what was going on yet,” said Razon.

Since the investigation proved that the attack was carried out by a single individual, and not by a terrorist group, the Bloomberry chief seen the incident to have minimal impact in the local gaming industry.

“I think if it was a terrorist attack it will be significant. If it is a lunatic guy, it will happen anywhere, if it’s a crazy person,” Razon said.

“Hopefully it doesn’t. It’s an isolated incident it should die down soon,” he added.

The country’s gaming industry in the first quarter of the year grew by 48 percent with gross revenue of Php 37.1 billion.

Razon stressed that Solaire is conscientious on its security.

“We have security forces of close to 400 people. We have external security. We have even water-side security. We have perimeter security in the entrances. We have security that watches over the security. And we have surveillance control rooms,” he said.

The executive noted that the company has heightened security measure since the Davao bombing and further boost it following the clashes between government troops with terrorist group in Marawi City. (Kris M. Crismundo/PNA)

Be informed
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •