• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Home
  • Regional
    • Davao Region
    • Northern Mindanao
    • Soccsksargen
    • Caraga Region
    • Zamboanga Peninsula
  • Categories
    • Top Stories
    • Environment
    • Police Files
    • Business
    • Davao Region
    • BARMM
    • Newslights
    • Agriculture and Food
    • Bisaya Kini
    • Where’s Our Money
    • War On Drugs
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
NewsLine Philippines

NewsLine Philippines

Building Information Highway for the Community

  • Top Stories
  • Business
  • Health
  • Environment
  • War On Drugs
  • Bisaya Kini
  • OFW News
  • September 1, 2025

Comelec to revise schedule of activities for 2023 BSKE

October 15, 2022 by NewsLine Philippines

MANILA – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is set to release a revised copy of the calendar of activities for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (BSKE) that has been reset to Oct. 30, 2023.

“In line with this, the Commission en banc will meet and deliberate to revise the Calendar of Activities for the October 30, 2023 BSKE, postponing and rescheduling to a later date in 2023 the following pertinent activities: Election Period, Period for the Gun Ban and Other Prohibited Acts (November 6 to December 20, 2022), and the Period of Filing of Certificates of Candidacy (October 22 to 29, 2022),” Comelec spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco said a statement Wednesday night.

The revision comes after President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. signed into law Republic Act 11935 postponing to the last Monday of October 2023 the polls that were originally scheduled for Dec. 5 this year.

Under the law, the three-year term of office of Barangay and SK Officials elected on Oct. 30, 2023 shall commence at noon of Nov. 30, 2023.

Accordingly, until their successors shall have been duly elected and qualified, all incumbent barangay and SK officials, including those in their ex officio capacities, shall remain in office unless sooner removed or suspended for cause.

“As has been oft-repeated and pledged by Chairman George Erwin Garcia, the public can rest assured that the election supplies and paraphernalia will not be put to waste. These include all the printed official ballots and other accountable and non-accountable forms procured through competitive public bidding and other procurement modalities under R.A No. 9184, these will be stored in the warehouses of the Commission under tight security, safekept in time for use on the October 30, 2023 BSKE,” the poll body official added.

On the other hand, Laudiangco said the ballot printing operations at the National Printing Office will be temporarily suspended to reconfigure the ballot face templates to reflect the Oct. 30, 2023 date of the BSKE in the next batch of official ballots.

“Given these developments, the Comelec intends to resume the Continuing System of Voter Registration in the last week of November or first week of December 2022 after the requisite preparatory activities and trainings therefor,” he added.

The poll body started printing the ballots early this month

Filed Under: Top Stories, Where's Our Money Tagged With: Barangay and SK elections schedule

Primary Sidebar

loader-image
Davao City
Davao City, PH
6:02 am, Sep 1, 2025
temperature icon 25°C
scattered clouds
Humidity: 88 %
Wind: 1 mph
Clouds: 40%
Sunrise: 5:30 am
Sunset: 5:45 pm
Detailed weather
Weather from OpenWeatherMap
  • Human trafficking
  • Bisaya Kini
  • Business
  • Health
  • Environment
  • War On Drugs
  • Newslights
  • OFW News
  • Top Stories
  • Where’s Our Money

Youtube Videos

  • NIA-SKIMO nagsugod na sa "Tree Replacement Program", 187 ektaryang yuta gitanumag Kawayan ug Narra
    by NEWSLINE PHILIPPINES at 5:00 am
  • Libreng medical sa gobyerno, napahimuslan sa daghang residente sa usa ka Brgy. sa Magsaysay, DavSur
    by NEWSLINE PHILIPPINES at 4:00 am

Top Stories

DPWH Chief Bonoan rejects calls to resign amid flood control project controversies

August 31, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

DPWH, JICA celebrate breakthrough of Southbound Tunnel in Davao Bypass

August 31, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

Marcos orders DA to lead 60-Day suspension of rice imports

August 31, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

Local groups want October BARMM polls fair and peaceful

August 30, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

DA to include jeepney, tricycle drivers in ₱20 Rice Program starting Sept. 16

August 30, 2025 By Philippine News Agency

More Top Stories Post

Opinion

Content with Purpose: Lessons from Krakow

May 7, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Duterte’s Arrest: A Victory for EJK victims or an injustice to his legacy?

March 12, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Senators failed to get what they wanted from Duterte

October 30, 2024 By Editha Z. Caduaya

More Opinion Post

Environment

DA to include jeepney, tricycle drivers in ₱20 Rice Program starting Sept. 16

August 30, 2025 By Philippine News Agency

DENR-12 seizes illegal lumber in Sarangani Boat-Making crackdown

August 28, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

More Environment Post

Governance

More Governance Post

Footer

Contact Us

Newsline Philippines
Mobile: +63917 150 8377
Email Address: newslineph.corres@gmail.com or newsline.ph@gmail.com

Bisaya Kini

45 anyos ng lalaki sikop sa buy bust operation

July 5, 2025 By Paul Palacio

Negosyanteng babaye gipusil-patay sa Davao

June 29, 2025 By Paul Palacio

Car wash boy gipusil-patay sa North Cotabato

June 27, 2025 By Giovani del Mundo

Kanhi Misamis Occidental congressman nakonbikto  tungod sa PDAF scam

June 14, 2025 By Paul Palacio

16 ka fighter jet gigama sa US aron ihanyag sa Pilipinas

June 7, 2025 By Paul Palacio

More Bisaya Kini Post

Agriculture and Food

President Marcos vows support for Fisheries Sector in GenSan visit

July 4, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

China Coast Guard blasts Filipino boats with water cannons at Panatag Shoal

June 24, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Boosting Rice Production in the Philippines: Techno Farms, Policies, and Price Challenges

June 20, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

More Post

DISCLAIMER

Newsline Philippine website welcomes healthy discussion, exchange of opinions friendly debate, but comments posted by our readers does not reflect the views and opinion of Newsline Philippines.

Newsline Philippines reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate and does not follow community standard will automatically be deleted.

Newsline Philippines IPO Reg. No. 4/2017/005044896
Newsline Philippines · Copyright © 2025 · All Rights Reserved