Death of young Architech remains unsolve in 2023

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY –— The still unsolved death of  young Architect Vlanch Marie Bragas was one of the hot stories in 2023 and until now, the family of the victim remain silent as the case still hangs, most of the suspects were reported dead..

On May 17, 2023, the residents of Calinan District this city woke up in shokc when a dead body of a woman was found in a ditch of a banana plantation in sagingan in purok 6, barangay dDacudao.

Bragas, 28 years old was last seen alive around 10:00 p.m. on May 16 while waiting for a ride along Fausta Street, and later boarded a color yellown improvized tricycle called “Ombak” on her way to their home in durian village

.The City Police Office quickly created the Special Investigation task Group Bragas (SITG Bragas) to hasten the probe and identified the suspects as

1. Renato Bayansao alias Empoy

2. Dennis Panzan

3. Kent Espinosa

4. John doe / Jimmy Lobiano

As of now, only Bayansao alias empoy is alive.

In the case of Pansan and Espinosa, they both were abducted in separate occsaions, the police strongly denied they had any participation in their abduction.

Pansan was believed to have escaped from his abductors, he was found in a secluded place in Matinga Pangi gasping for his breath but died on the way to the hospital to treat his serious injuries.

Suspect Espinosa, on the other hand, was reportedly abducted in Calinan and has never surfraced since then.

While on July 15, 2023, Lobiano was shot by the police because he allegedly resisted when the police came to him to serve a warrant of arrest inside their house in purok 11, Barangay Sirib, in Calinan District.

The family of the suspects are not convinced that they are involved in the Bragas case.

Months later, the police said the P1-million reward was already released by the police saying two witnesses provided information to identify and lead the suspects involved in the case.

The police also found the “Ombak” reportedly with an earring used by Bragas when the crime was committed.

But until now, the public is not convince and they had suspicion that it wasn’t the Ombak that was used in the crime as well as the suspect who was involved in the rape-death of bragas.

Even is the police says, the crime is cleared, before the public-the crime has yet to be solved.

Eugene Hinutan
Eugene Hinutan
Eugene Hinutan, took his Mass Communication course at the University of Mindanao. He specializes on community stories
spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...