Duterte puts up P3 million bounty for NPA’s who killed Negros police officers

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY (July 27) —President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday announced he raised the reward money for the capture of the leader of those responsible for the killing of four police officers in Negros Oriental from P2 million to P3 million.

Earlier on, Duterte out put up P1-million bounty for the rebel leader, which he eventually raised to P2 million during a meeting with local executives in Manila this week.

“I raised the first one million. Then, the other night, I was before the governors and mayors, I said, ‘I’m raising it…two million.’ Now nandito ako, I’m raising it to three million,” he said during Thursday’s event. “It will keep on increasing and the pressure that goes with it.”

The four policemen were intelligence personnel from the 704th Mobile Force Company Regional Mobile Force Battalion of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Central Visayas.

Initial reports said they were verifying the reported presence of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Bgy. Mabato in Ayungon town when they were attacked. 

The slain policemen were posthumously awarded by the President with the Order of Lapu-Lapu, Rank of Kalasag in Negros Oriental over the weekend.

The President also mentioned the current martial law in Mindanao, saying the region continues to be a concern for his administration. While he is not advocating for the continuous imposition of the martial rule, he said he would heed the call of the local leaders in the region.

“But if the local government units…the governors, mayors, and even congressmen would find it that it would be to the best interest of the Filipino in Mindanao, I would not hesitate to say yes,” he said.

At the same time, the President supported the proposal of Sen. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go to impose capital punishment against plunderers. Illegally amassing P50 million and above must be considered a capital offense, he said.

“Death penalty for plunder at saka drugs. I am for it,” he said. 

As of this publication the reward stands, authorities has yet to get substantial information about the suspects.-jap/newsline.ph

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

SC clears way for Bato arrest over ICC warrant — DOJ

MANILA (May 23) — The arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court against Ronald dela Rosa can...

Sara impeachment trial puts accountability test before Senate

MANILA (May 23)— The Senate’s planned impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte is shaping up not only...

PNP launches manhunt for Bato after SC clears ICC arrest

MANILA (May 23) — The net is tightening around Sen. Bato dela Rosa. The Philippine National Police on Friday...

Macacua takeover of BARMM education ministry exposes widening rift in MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 22) — The takeover of the Bangsamoro education ministry by Abdulraof Macacua has deepened tensions...