Newsline is 1-year-old today

Date:

Share post:

WE are officially one-year-old today as a news website, but reporters and editors of this website has been in journalism for years — writing about Mindanao, for Mindanao.

The concept of Newsline.ph was born during the WAN-IFRA conference in Kuala Lumpur in July 2017.

“Opening a newspaper in Mindanao is too expensive and all we wanted is to provide a different perspective and fresh reports from and about Mindanao,” said Editha Caduaya, publisher of Newsline.ph.

Caduaya is a veteran journalist with print and broadcast experience.

“Online is entirely a new animal to me, but with the help of WAN-IFRA mentors I was able to pull the project and here we are now getting support from Mindanaons here and abroad,” Caduaya said.

Newsline.ph, was the only innovation project from the Asia and Pacific for WAN-IFRA’s Strengthening Media and Society who made to the World Media Congress.

It won the SMS innovation project for start-up during the World Media Congress in Berlin, Germany last month.

Caduaya, representing Newsline.ph, received a grant from WAN-IFRA to sustain and expand the operations of the website.

Caduaya said Newsline have so far recruited additional correspondents from other parts of Mindanao and provided new features on the site like news on the vernacular — Bisaya kini and the Video Stream section.

“We will continue to improve and expand the Mindanao coverage and other parts of the country especially with the guidance of WAN-IFRA mentors, Caduaya added.

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...