OFW in Jeddah dies while undergoing COVID-19 test

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — For still unknown reasons, an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia died while undergoing swab test for COVID-19, a report stated on Monday.

Consul General Edgar Badajos, in an interview with GMA’s Unang Balita said the OFW was being tested when he asked permission to pee but never returned.

Badajos said they learned that the OFW died when they forcibly opened the door minutes after he asked permission. The OFW was immediately sent to the hospital but later expired.

The person was among the 77 males temporarily housed in the consulate of Jeddah for swab testing,

Of the 77, 58 tested positive for covid-19 and all are asymptomatic.

Because of the incident, the consular office has been closed for disinfection while those who tested positive were isolated.

Last week, the Department of Foreign Affairs repatriated the remains of 49 OFWs from Middles East.

ALSO READ: (heroes-welcome-for-49-ofws-who-died-in-the-middle-east)

The DFA said they will continue to repatriate the remains of OFWs who are still in the Middle East.-Newsline

spot_img

Related articles

Three Seasons of Faith in Mindanao: Lanterns, Crescent Moons, and Ashes

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (February 18) --- In Mindanao, the turning of the season is not marked by...

PSA urges public: Be vigilant vs ‘National ID’ modus operandi

TAGUM CITY, Davao del Norte (February 18) — The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) has warned the public against...

P6.5-M shabu haul in 48 hours: Big busts, bigger questions in Davao Region’s drug war

DAVAO CITY (February 18) — In just 48 hours, anti-drug operatives in the Davao Region seized more than...

Expanded Centenarians Act widens cash gifts, recognition for Filipino seniors

MANILA (February 18) — For many Filipino families, reaching 80, 90, or even 100 years old is more...