‘Ompong’-affected families now at 63.7K

Date:

Share post:

MANILA — Typhoon Ompong has so far affected 63,769 families or 250,036 persons residing in 1,403 barangays in the Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, Cordillera regions and the National Capital Region (NCR), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in its 6 a.m. update on Sunday.

Of the figure, 34,169 families or 133,457 persons are temporarily housed in 1,190 evacuation centers while another 3,741 families or 14,826 individuals are being aided outside evacuation centers.

In the same update, which was signed by NDRRMC executive director Ricardo Jalad, a total of 25 road sections in Ilocos, Bicol, Zamboanga Peninsula, and Cordillera have been affected.

A total of 79 areas in Central Luzon and Calabarzon were reported flooded.

The agency also reported that a total of 38, 515 families or about 151,872 persons were pre-emptively evacuated in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Bicol, Cordillera and the NCR.-PNA

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Ombudsman urged to probe P4.4-B Davao flood projects over ‘ghost work,’ double payments

MANILA  (May 20) — Questions over billions of pesos in flood control spending in Davao City have reached...

New emergency power deal aims to shield MisOcc towns from outages

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY  (May 20) — Consumers in several towns and cities in Misamis Occidental could see...

BARMM housing project gives Maguindanao Sur families safer homes, fresh start

COTABATO CITY  (May 20) — For dozens of poor families in Barangay Katil, receiving the keys to a...

Save the bees, save Samal mangoes, growers told

DAVAO CITY  (May 20) — Farmers in Island Garden City of Samal are being urged to protect native...