Panguil Bay Bridge done in 2023?

Date:

Share post:

OZAMIZ CITY — If plans pushes through the much-awaited Paguil Bay Bridge which will connect Misamis Occidental and Lanao del Norte will be completed on December 2023.

Misamis Occidental Governor-elect Henry S. Oaminal in his inaugural speech on Wednesday, June 29, said “I expect that the Panguil Bay Bridge will be completed on December 2023, that is one of the priority projects under the government’s Build! Build! Build! program.”

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) X in a statement last week said, the bridge is now 51.4 percent (51.4%) completed though the pandemic has affected its construction.

During his incumbency as the Second District Representative of Misamis Occidental, Oaminal, who used to be one of the deputy speakers for Mindanao said, “I always pushed for the budget and made some follow-up because I want us to experience comfort in our travel.”

Oaminal said the construction of the bridge was inaugurated during the time of then president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo but it was not pushed through due to budget constraint, it was funded and continued during the term of President Rodrigo Duterte.

The bridge which stretch up to 3.17 kilometers was realized through the loan assistance from the government of South Korea.

The bridge is expected to connect Misamis Occidental and Lanao del Norte, which will cut the travel time up to seven (7) minutes only from Tangub City, Misamis Occidental to Tubod in Lanao del Norte.

As it is now, the travel time via the roll -on -roll-off (RORO) entails at least one and a half hour from Ozamiz City Port to Mukas Port.

If travel by land, the 100-kilometer road will at least consume two to two and a half hour travel.

The Panguil Bay Bridge is one of the 199 priority projects of the Duterte administration.-Neptalie A. Batolenio

spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...