PNP warns charges vs persons maligning his old photos

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY  – Alarmed by the rapid spread of an old photo maligning that Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, Gen. Archie Gamboa hosted a party in Baguio City for a long time ago and made it appear as new. The PNP warned charges might come their way.

In a statement, PNP spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac stressed, “We urge all persons who posted, shared and forwarded these images in social media to immediately take this fake news down or face possible criminal charges under Republic Act 10175, or the Anti-Cybercrime Law”.

Photos of Gamboa hosting a private party in February this year have circulated manifesting that he hosted a party in lieu of his upcoming retirement, a claim which the PNP chief vehemently denied.

Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong, a retired PNP official, also earlier denied Gamboa held a private party in his city despite the quarantine protocols in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Banac clarified that the photos were taken at a private event in February this year, a month before the community quarantine measures in mid-March amid the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.

“PNP chief Gen. Archie Gamboa strongly denounces the malicious posting of photos that were taken at a private event in Makati City in February 2020,” Banac said.

“As there are other private individuals in the picture whose right to privacy may have been violated,” Banac said.

Gamboa earlier said there was neither a party nor a testimonial parade and review held in his honor at the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) in Fort Del Pilar, Baguio City.

The PNP is asking the public to stop sharing the photos.

The PNP was earlier in controversy after Brig. Gen, Debold Sinas was photographed entertaining guests without observing photo distancing on his own birthday. Meanwhile, the public expected that Sinas be sanctioned, but nothing happened. -Newsline.ph with PNA report

spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...