Radio Anchor shot dead in Kidapawan City, PNP creates Task Force Dizon

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY (July 12) — A radio anchorman was shot dead by riding in tandem along the highway of Kidapawan City late Wednesday night.

Police identified the broadcaster as Eduardo Dizon, commentator and husband of Brigada News FM Kidapawan station manager Madonna Dizon.

Police report showed, at 10:35 p.m Wednesday, Dizon was driving his sedan on his way home to Makilala town but upon reaching Quezon Boulevard near the Colegio de Kidapawan, two men riding a motorbike shot him.

Dizon managed to steer his car to the side of the road but died from multiple gunshot wounds.

Lt. Colonel Ma. Joyce Birey, city police director, said a manhunt had been launched against several “persons of interest” in connection with the ambush-slay.

Police investigators found seven empty shells of 9-mm pistol near the victim’s car.

Police are also reviewing the CCTV footage in the area.

The Kidapawan police has created SITG- Dizon (Special Investigation Task Group Dizon) to fast tract probe. AS of this poisting .no one has claimed responsibility in murder of Dizon.

Threata nd Condemnation

A National Union of Journalists of the Philippines condemned the killing.

The Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) strongly condemns the death of Dizon.

The group asked the law enforcement agencies to dig deeper into the case as initial report reaching the MIPC revealed that on July 4, Dizon reported to the Kidapawan police the threate he received when he discussed the merits of the ‘Ponzi Scheme’ in his radio programs.

latest is kid police created SITG Dizon (Special Investigation Task Group Dizon) to fast tract probe…..no one has claimed responsibility in murder of Dizon

The Commission on Human Rights in a statement said “CHR strongly urges the government to act on this case and bring the perpetrators to account, and to ensure that steps will be taken to ensure the further safety of our country’s journalists and media professionals.”

Dizon ran and lost in his bid as municipal councilor in Makilala.

On July 4, gunmen opened fire on the Radyo Bombo station in General Santos City. Nobody was hurt.

Recently, radio broadcasters and radio stations who criticize a certain investment scheme have been subjected to threat and intimidation, a thing which law enforcement agencies has yet to address.-ezc/NewsLine.ph

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...

PTFoMS pushes media safety drive as BARMM, local polls near

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 21)  — With two major elections looming, the government’s media security task force...