NBI boss, 11 others in hot water over ‘for the boys’ rapsPosted on
DAVAO CITY, Philippines—-A dozen agents of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Davao Region including the regional director are in trouble over P500,000.00 “for the boys” raid.
Lawyer Dante Gierran, NBI director ordered a full investigation among NBI Davao Region personnel including Atty. Arnold Rosales, regional director NBI Davao Region, for allegedly mulcting P500,000 from a businessman after a raid they conducted Monday, August 7 at about 9:00 p.m.
Gierran in an interview Saturday, August 12 told Newsline.ph, “when I heard about the report, I immediately sent a team to Davao to investigate. If the investigation proves they did it, heads will roll!.”
A highly placed source provided the information and narrated:
- August 7, at about 9 p.m. – an all boys group occupied the VIP room No.1 of Plaza Roman KTV bar along Cabaguio Avenue and asked for three ladies to serve them.
- While inside the room, they asked the three ladies for an overnight “services” but the ladies refused because it is not allowed. The group then talked to the floor manager and negotiated but were told it is prohibited. Still insisted, so the manager asked them to pay the penalty for taking the ladies out.
- When the floor manager received the “penalty” the group declared, “NBI raid ito”.
- Upon learning the commotion, Miguel Efren R. Aquino, the owner came and asked what was happening, an NBI personnel was heard saying, “Sir, i-apil na, mao nay tag-iya (Sir, include him he is the owner). They were brought to the NBI regional office along R. Magsaysay St. and were detained
On August 8:
- 8:20 a.m. – Atty. Glen Damasing the leader of the raiding team told Aquino the only way for him to be freed is to connect with NBI director Gierran or Regional director Arnold Rosales for him not to be charged in court, but he must pay P520,000 “for the boys”
Damasing also informed Aquino that the case of human trafficking will be filed against two persons only (Aquino and the floor manager) for the case to be bailable. This time, only the two ladies became the complainants.
- 9:00 a.m. – Damasing told Aquino they must meet the 10 a.m. deadline to give the money or face charges. Damasing also advised Aquino to find a link to facilitate the case aside from paying P520,000 “for the Boys”.
- 10:00 a.m. – Aquino received a call telling him to get the legal services of Atty. Raleston Falcutila because he is a fraternal brother of Rosales.
- 10:30 a.m. – Facultila met Aquino at the NBI office. While they were talking Rosales showed up and immediately leave. Falcutila then told Aquino “mao to si director Rosales, brod naku to (That was director Rosales, he is my brother) then, he told Aquino he will see Rosales at the ground floor.
- 10:45 a.m. – Falcutila told Aquino that Rosales agreed to lower the “for the boys to P500,000”
- 11:30 a.m. – Mrs. Charina Aquino informed Falcutila the money is already available.
- 2:30 p.m. – Aquino and the floor manager were brought to court and charged for Human Trafficking which requires P200,000 each for bail bond for their temporary liberty.
- 5:30 p.m. – Aquino and the floor manager posted P400,000 bail. After posting the bond, Falcutila boarded the white Pajero of the Aquino’s along with Mrs. Aquino, her relative and a driver.
- While they were travelling from the court to the NBI to sign the NBI logbook for the of Aquino and the floor manager, Mrs. Aquino handed the plastic bag containing P500,000 to Atty. Falcutila.
- 6:00 p.m.- while at the NBI office, Falcutila told Aquino’s wife to proceed to Victoria Plaza to turn over the P500,000 to Rosales.
But when they reached the place they again received a message from Rosales asking them to proceed to Holiday Spa, along Torres St. which is about 600 meters away.
- 6:30 p.m. – Falcutila who was holding the plastic bag along with Aquino’s relative met Rosales at the hallway of the motorcycle parking area of Holliday Spa. Falcutila introduced Aquino’s relative to Rosales. Aquino’s relative returned to the car while Falcutila and Rosales proceeded to coffee shop.
Ten minutes later , Aquinos group saw Falcutila leaving the spa without the plastic bag as they saw Rosales walking towards the badminton court holding the plastic bag with his left hand.
On August 9, Rosales celebrated his birthday at Korean Restaurant along Torres St.
On August 10, a team from the NBI Manila arrived in Davao. They gathered the affidavit of the Aquinos and other companions and the video of the incident.
It was only on Thursday, when the Aquinos learned that Efren was released by the NBI even without the judge signing his release order.
The same source said the Aquinos believed Damasing dropped Gierran’s name to put more pressure on Efren because they have been telling the later to call all his connections “astig man kaha ka, tawagi imong mga connection (You are a thug, call your connections).”
When asked to comment on the incident, Gierran quipped ” I will not take this sitting down.”
The source who is privy to the case revealed tha the Office of the President has also ordered an investigation.
Calls to Atty. Rosales found futile since Friday as his mobile phone is “outside the coverage area” he also did not respond to text messages sent since Friday until Saturday morning.- Editha Z. Caduaya/Newsline.ph