Death toll rises to 3 in Isulan bomb explosionPosted on
DAVAO CITY (August 30) — Another victim of the August 28 bombing in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat expired Wednesday at about 8:55 in the evening while confined at the General Santos Doctors Hospital.
The third fatality was identified as Welmark John Lapidez, 25, a criminology student of Sultan Kudarat State University and resident of Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat.
Lapidez has succumbed to multiple shrapnel injuries in the head and body and expired.
Earlier on, Lenie Ombrog 52, of Brgy. Sampao, Isulan Sultan Kudarat and seven-year old Devy Shane Alayon of Brgy. Kalawag 3, Isulan Sultan Kudarat expired while on hospital confinement.
Authorities have yet to identify the group behind the bombing but they suspect that the ISIS-linked Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter (BIFF) has a hand on the incident.
But BIFF spokesperson Misry Mama denied the accusations.
The explosive and ordnance disposal (EOD) team of the police recovered damaged parts of a cellular phone, nine volts battery and pieces of metal fragments believed to be water pump
The Municipal Disaster Office of Isulan identified the injured victims as:
- Jessa Claire Villanueva- Tulunan North Cotabato- 20 yrs old
- Bonel Cuba- Lebak, Sultan Kudarat (SK) – 23 yrs old
- Mikki John Feranil- Laguilayan, Isulan, SK, 24- CAFGU Auxilary under 33rd IB, 6ID
- Rodel Singhon- Dansuli, Isulan, SK- 34
- Belen Parañaque- Bagumbayan, SK- 49
- 6. Mary Jane Lacson- Kalawag 1, Isulan, SK- 47
- Jareniala Suasa- Norala, South Cotabato- 19
- Jodehmn Tanate- Ezperanza, Sultan Kudarat- 21
- Jane Acollador- Norala, South Cotabato- 19
- Marnie Salamanca- Ezperanza, Sultan Kudarat- 27
- Kristelle Paranga- Kalawag 1, Isulan, SK- 13
- Arzil Malves- Kalawag 2, Isulan, SK- 12
- Jomar Capunong- Dukay, Esperanza, SK – 30
- Francisco Suerte- Sen. Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat- 23
- Sgt. Timjar Hambali
- Msgt. Melchor Capilitan- Dukay, Esperanza, SK- 55- 33IB
- Jomar Ali Sacampong- Kalawag 2, SK- 34
- Ibrahim Bryan Rendal- Kalawag 2, SK- 27
- Reymundo Malvez- Kalawag 2, SK- 52
- Nassip Gorigao- Kalawag 2, SK- 18
- Renalyn Alion- Bagumbayan, SK- 20
- Jeffrey Bacalto- Bagumbayan, SK- 25
- Nestor Ladrido- Galinato Village, Dansuli, SK- 46
- Samira Degauson- Islamic Center, Tacurong City- 44
- Asnawi Degauson- Islamic Center, Tacurong City- 17
- Gani Degauson- Islamic Center, Tacurong City- 40
- Nassipi Acmad- Surallah, South Cotabato- 27
- Leonisa Alcaria- Impao, Isulan, SK- 47
- Mylene Dellava- Sampao, Isulan, SK- 32
- Ryan Miguel Baloto- Sampao, Isulan, SK- 9
- Christoper Siton- Impao, Isulan, SK- 38
- Rey Blancada- Kudanding, SK- 51
- Arnold Losañes- Kudabding, SK- 40
- Archie Alayon- Biwang, Bagumbayan, SK- 28
- Kusain Bansuan- Cotabato City- 28
- Joie Pizzana- Banga, South Cotabato- 40
As of Thursday morning 15 of the 36 injured have been discharged from the hospital.
Supt. Aldrin Gonzales, spokesperson of the SOCCSKSARGEN PNP said the IED was placed inside a motorbike parked in a row of “Ukay-ukay” along the highway of Isulan.
On Wednesday, Mayor Marites Pallasigue announced that except for the thanksgiving mass, all activities relative to the 61st Founding Anniversary and teh 7th Hamungaya Festival have been cancelled upon the recommendation of the municipal peace and order council and the tourism council.
Pallasigue condoled with the families of the victims as the municipal government extends help to the survivors who are now confined in various hospitals in the province.-ezc/NewsLine.ph