Suspect in Danao City murder and person of interest in Silawan case arrested in DavaoPosted on
DAVAO CITY (March 15) — Authorities here has arrested the principal suspect in the killing of a 60-year-old farmer in Danao City, Cebu, who is also considered as a person of interest in the gruesome death of 16-year-old Christine Lee Silawan at about 5:00 in the afternoon along Matina Crossing.
Jonas Martel Bueno was arrested by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)-Davao and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) in Matina Crossing, following leads in his facebook account “Jason Martil.”
Bueno has a standing arrest warrant for murder of Trinidad Batucan, who was found dead in Danao City, Cebu on January 11, 2018.
Batucan’s skin on the face and chest had been removed.
Silawan was found half-naked, with 30 stab wounds, and her face skinned to the skull. Some of her organs were also removed.
CIDG Mindanao Area Police Intelligence spokesperson Mildriz Driz told reporters “Naay CI ang name kasi ginamit Jason Martil sa FB. Sa FB nikalat. Nakakuha ta informant same feature sa face,” she added.
Driz said that during their interrogation, Bueno did not confess to the killing of Silawan.
A NewsLine.ph source said, the authorities in Cebu City tipped off about Bueno’s possible participation in the Silawan murder and considered him as among the persons of interest.
The source said they tracked Bueno’s travel record and it showed, Bueno left Cebu City and went to Buenavista , Agusan del Norte, after his warrant of arrest in the Batucan murder was out.
The source added “Sometime February, the suspect and his partner went to Davao City and stayed in Matina Crossing.”
“The possibility of his involvement in the Silawan case is medyo malabo,” the source claimed.
Bueno reportedly admitted participation in the Batucan murder “Ang inamin nya is yong particiation nya at ng dalawang kapatid nya sa murder, yong sa Silawan case, wala pa kaming nakuhang detalye sa kanya.”
During the investigation, Bueno revealed his brothers — Junrey and Juvy — who were also identified as suspects in Batucan’s murder were killed in a police operation on January 13, this year.
There are claims however, that Bueno may not be the real culprit behind Silawan’s death.
Bueno’s live-in partner who identified herself as Connie Nacion said they have been staying in the area for long and they arrived here two weeks ago.
There are those who claim that they arrived in the city four days ago
Silawan’s body was found last Monday March 11.
But their neighbors told reporters the two told them they left Cebu because of death threats.
Operatives of the NBI invited Nacion to their office for further investigation.
Bueno is now undergoing interrogation at the NBI-Davao regional office.
President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday has ordered a manhunt for those behind Silawan’s death.
Driz said Bueno might be presented to President Duterte anytime tonight.
A bounty of about P1.8 million has been put up for anyone who could provide information that would lead to the arrest of the suspects in the killing of Silawan.
Dr. Rene Obra, head of Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC) Center for Behavioral Sciences, said it could also be possible that the killers are mentally disturbed.
Obra said the suspects were possibly under the influence of illegal drugs when committed the crime.
Silawan’s face was skinned and her body stabbed her 30 times. Her right ear, esophagus and tongue were removed.-NewLine.ph