BREAKING! Robredo accepts role as anti-drug czarPosted on
DAVAO CITY — Vice President Leni Robredo accepts her appointment as the drug czar of the country.
In a brief Press conference Wednesday noon, November 6, Robredo admitted some people avised her not to accept the position becaus she might fail, but she said “Handa kong tiisin ang lahat na ito, kailangan ko itong subukan.”
She said the President knows her position in the administration’s campaign against illegal drugs and she will carry the torch “Tutol ako sa pagpatay sa mga inosente.”
Many, according to her, cautioned her not to accepted the offer saying it was like passing the failure of the drugs war on her shoulder, “Marami nagsasabi, naghahanap lang ng damay ang administrasyong ito.”
She proudly said “Simply lang, kung ito ang ito ang paraan para matigil ang patayan ng mga inosente, at mapanagot ang dapat managot, papsanin ko ito.””
On Tuesday, Duterte signed a memorandum, designating Robredo as co-chairperson of the Inter-Agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD) until the end of his term on June 30, 2022.
Under Executive Order 15 which created the ICAD, the ICAD’s mandate includes the following:
- ensure the effective conduct of anti-illegal drug operations and arrest of high¬ value drug personalities down to the street-level peddlers and users;
- spearhead and coordinate the implementation of the National Anti-Drug Plan of Action 2015-2020 ;
- ensure comprehensive implementation of the Barangay Drug-Clearing Program;
- ensure intensive conduct of advocacy campaign initiatives;
- ensure that the roles and responsibilities of the member agencies are efficiently and effectively carried out;
- cleanse the bureaucracy of unscrupulous personnel involved in illegal drug activities ; and
- ensure that the anti-illegal drug objectives of the government are achieved.
She claimed, all along she wanted to fix the drugs problem, and run after the drug dealers.
The Vice President stressed it will be enough for her, to save a single life in the country’s bloody drug war.
After issuing her statement, Robredo just left, and did not allow a question and answer.-ezc