Magnitude 7.1 quake hits Mindanao provincesPosted on
DAVAO CITY — The Philippines Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reported a magnitude 7.1 earthquake which jolted key cities in Mindanao at about 8:23 in the evening pf January 21.
Phivolcs report showed :Depth = 116 kilometers; Location = 04.92N, 127.44E – 231 km S 61° E of Jose Abad Santos (Davao Occidental)
- Intensity V – City of General Santos
- Intensity IV – Davao City
- Intensity II – City of Bislig, Surigao del Sur
- Instrumental Intensities
- V – Kiamba, Sarangani
- IV – City of General Santos; Alabel, Sarangani; Koronadal City, South Cotabato
- Intensity III – City of Kidapawan City of Bislig, Surigao del Sur; City of Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Intensity II – City of Cagayan de Oro; City of Surigao, Surigao del Norte; City of Borongan, Eastern Samar;
- Intensity I – City of Catbalogan, Samar
It further added that there is no threat for tsunami.