3rd telco player is Davao businessmanPosted on
DAVAO CITY (November 9) — The qualified third telecommunications player is a Davao businessman who has partnered with China Telecommunications Corporation (China Telecom), with their joint venture as Mislatel consortium.
Uy, who is behind Udenna Corp. is into retail and distribution of petroleum products and its subsidiary Chelsea Logistics Holdings Corporation and the Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company.
He diversified his business interest during the last decades. Uy is known in the Davao business group and among Davaoeños as a humble person. He has been into business since early 80’s.
Uy is a member of the following organisations, namely:
- -Management Association of the Philippines (MAP)
- American Chamber of Commerce Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP)
- Business sector representative to the Chinatown Development Council
- Independent director of the Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. since February 28, 2003
- He serves as Honorary Consul of Kazakhstan to the Philippines since November 2011.
- Presidential adviser on sports
Uy is a graduate of De La Salle University in Manila with a degree of Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management.
On Wednesday, Uy’s consortium was named the third with telco player in the country.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo during the Thursday press briefing in Malacañang hailed their entry.
Panelo said Filipinos have long waited for a “reliable, efficient, and inexpensive” telecommunications service.
“We welcome the entry of a third telecommunications player in the country as a positive development. The President’s strong political will has laid the foundation for its realization,” Panelo added.-Editha Z. Caduaya/NewsLine.ph