Alleged Swedish pedophile denied entry in Cebu

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — An alleged Swedish pedophile was denied entry at the international airport in Cebu City in the afternoon of January 4, 2020.

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) in a statement identified the passenger as s Dick Fredrik Martin Steen, 37.

BI acting port operations division chief Grifton Medina said Steen, who is a convicted sex offender, arrived aboard a China Southern Airlines flight from Guangzhou, China.

“The immigration officer who processed him saw that his name was in the Interpol’s list of registered sex offenders (RSOs), thus he was excluded and booked on the first available flight to his port of origin,” Medina added.

According to lawyer Rommel Tacorda, BI’s border control and intelligence unit (BCIU) chief, Steen is the subject of a green notice issued by the Interpol in May last year.

The said notice warns that he has been charged and convicted of several sexual offenses. It was learned that Steen had been living in Norway and Spain, and was said to have traveled to Denmark to visit his girlfriend.

He is known to have a daughter in Thailand whose mother he allegedly impregnated when she was only 14 years of age.

As a result, a Thai court convicted Steen of physical sexual abuse against children in 2011, or two years after the victim gave birth to his child. It was also reported that in 2017 he was convicted for downloading and possessing pornographic pictures of children in Norway. His name has been included in the BI’s blacklist following the exclusion.-ezc

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Bangsamoro transition tests promise of accessible, accountable services

COTABATO CITY (August 19) — As the Bangsamoro Government rolls out a new government center, digital services, a...

Davao’s P2.7-B CIF enters Duterte impeachment trial

DAVAO CITY (August 19)  — Davao City’s P2.697 billion in confidential and intelligence funds (CIF) has entered Vice...

NIA-Davao’s PalitAni puts farmers closer to consumers

DAVAO CITY (August 19)  — For farmers, producing a good harvest is only half the battle. Finding buyers—and...

Cacao pioneer Charita Puentespina dies at 86

DAVAO CITY (August 19)  — Charita “Chari” Palmares Puentespina, the Davao agricultural pioneer who helped transform a family...