Police offers P1-million bounty for killer of businesswoman-model

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY —The city police office here has put up a P1-million bounty for anyone who can provide information and help identify the killers of businesswoman and model Yvonnette Chua Plaza who was killed at 7:30 in the evening of December 29 at the gate of her rented house at Purok 18, Buttercup Street, Green Meadows Subdivision in Barangay Sto. Niño, Tugbok District.

Chua, 38, was killed while about to enter her rented house.

On Saturday, the regional police office has created Special Investigation Task Group (STIG) Yvonne to hasten the investigation.

In a press conference on Tuesday, January 3, City Police Director Police Col. Alberto Lupaz said the CCTV footage shows two unidentified suspects wearing bonnets shot Plaza at close range.

Lupaz said one of the gunman even wanted to ensure she is dead but his firearm jammed.

The police has two persons of interest but cannot just identify them because their faces were covered with helmets. Aside from that no other information was given during the press conference.

The police did not rollout robbery and personal grudge as motives since the gunman shot Chua first then took her handbag.

Earlier on, a social media post surfaced and dragged former Presidential Security Groupd chief Army General Jesus Durante, who now heads the Army’s 1001st Brigade based in Davao de Oro province, but Durante belied the any involvement as he told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

The “SITG Yvonette” is composed of 16 PRO 11 personnel will be headed by PCol. Thor Valienta Cuyos, PRO 11 Deputy Regional Director for Operations as SITG Supervisor; PCol Alberto Lupaz, Davao City Police Office Director as Task Group (TG) Commander and PMajor Randy Rajah Ramos , Criminal Investigation and Detection Group Chief as Assistant TG.-Paul T. Palacio

Paul Palacio
Paul Palacio
Paul Trajera Palacio, a veteran news anchor got his Mass Communication Curriculum from University of Mindanao-Davao Campus. He is the current News Anchor of Newsline Philippines.
spot_img

Related articles

Three Seasons of Faith in Mindanao: Lanterns, Crescent Moons, and Ashes

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (February 18) --- In Mindanao, the turning of the season is not marked by...

PSA urges public: Be vigilant vs ‘National ID’ modus operandi

TAGUM CITY, Davao del Norte (February 18) — The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) has warned the public against...

P6.5-M shabu haul in 48 hours: Big busts, bigger questions in Davao Region’s drug war

DAVAO CITY (February 18) — In just 48 hours, anti-drug operatives in the Davao Region seized more than...

Expanded Centenarians Act widens cash gifts, recognition for Filipino seniors

MANILA (February 18) — For many Filipino families, reaching 80, 90, or even 100 years old is more...