2 of 6 Missing Foreigners in Negros Oriental Found – Barangay Official

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY –Two of the six foreign nationals who went missing after a hiking trip in Valencia, Negros Oriental, have been found, a local official confirmed on Friday.

Malabo Barangay Captain Christian Sela reported that the two hikers were located earlier in the day, though further details on their identities and conditions have yet to be released.

The group, composed of six foreign nationals, was reported missing on Wednesday morning after failing to return to their rental house after a trek along the popular Twin Lakes trail. Concerned fellow guests at the lodging house alerted authorities the following day.

The missing individuals were identified as:

  • Alexander Radvanyi (British)
  • Torsten Martin Groschupp (German)
  • Alwin Fink (German)
  • A certain “Wolfgang” (German)
  • A certain “Terry” (Canadian)
  • Anton Chernov (Russian)

Police Lt. Stephen Polinar said the families of the missing have been informed and are appealing to authorities and the public for assistance in locating their loved ones.

“The families of the missing persons are seeking assistance from the appropriate authorities to locate them and hope for their safe return,” Polinar added.

The Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Offices (LDRRMO) of Valencia and Sibulan and other organizations are leading the search operations.

Rescue efforts were temporarily suspended on Thursday night due to heavy rain but resumed Friday with the help of professional volunteers.

“We highly appreciate those trained to be part of the search and rescue team,” said ONE-MO Wilderness First Responders Incorporated.

As of this writing, four foreign nationals remain missing, and search and rescue operations are ongoing.

Editha Z. Caduaya
Editha Z. Caduayahttps://newsline.ph
Edith Z Caduaya studied Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at the University of Southern Mindanao. The chairperson of Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) Inc.
spot_img

Related articles

Tabang: A Final Cry at Sea- 57 Dead, 316 Survivors and the Shipping Failures That Must Be Answered

DAVAO CITY (February 16) ---At 12:56 a.m., on January 26, as darkness swallowed the sea near the Baluk-baluk...

MILF Leader Backs Marcos’ Push for Priority Bills, Urges Action on Long-Delayed BARMM Polls

COTABATO CITY (February 16) — A senior official of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) has welcomed President...

ICC Pressed to Arrest Duterte’s Alleged Drug War Allies as Hearings Near

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (February 16) — With a crucial hearing days away, an international rights coalition is...

Children’s book illustrators gather in Lake Sebu for national workshop amplifying unheard voices

LAKE SEBU, South Cotabato (February 16) — In a lakeside town known for its rich Tboli heritage, twelve...