Over 5,000 rally in Davao City for “Run for Du30” to support detained FPRRD

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY (November 23) — More than 5,000 runners from across the Davao Region and neighboring areas joined the “Run for Du30” early Sunday, a solidarity event for former president Rodrigo Roa Duterte, who is currently detained at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.

Participants began assembling at the starting area before 5 a.m., filling the route with supporters wearing DU30 shirts, barangay delegations, families, and fitness groups. Vice President Sara Duterte led the program and thanked the crowd for what she described as continued prayers and support for her father.

“On behalf of the family, we thank you for your prayers and your continued support to former president Rodrigo Duterte,” she said. VP Duterte also addressed circulating social media claims alleging that the former president had been found unconscious inside his ICC cell.

After the short program, VP Duterte led the countdown and fired the starting signal, sending thousands of runners through the designated city route. Organizers said they expected a strong turnout, but the number of participants exceeded their projections. For many supporters, the run served as a public show of solidarity. “Padayon, Tatay Digong. Davao is still with you,” one participant said.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

PPCRV joins push to secure 2026 BARMM polls

DAVAO CITY (August 23)  — As the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) prepares for its first...

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...