Cotabato mayor appeals to ‘close contact’ of Covid-19 patients

Date:

Share post:

COTABATO CITY – Mayor Cynthia Guiani-Sayadi has appealed for cooperation among persons who had close contact with two health front-liners at Cotabato Regional and Medical Center here, who have tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), to report to health authorities.

The two nurses – one male and one female – tested positive for the virus on Wednesday, she said.

Sayadi said the two health workers had been to several places in the city before testing positive for the disease.

The male nurse is a regular marketer of the regional hospital and could have contracted the virus at the city public market.

On the other hand, the female nurse had attended a “kanduli” (thanksgiving party) in one of the villages in the city before catching the virus.

“You know who you have (been) in close contact with, if ever, please see your barangay health center or report to the city health office,” Sayadi said.

She downplayed speculations of possible local transmission, saying it was too early to tell.

“Two nurses with Covid-19 working in the same hospital could not let alone prove the existence of local transmission,” Sayadi said.

She has ordered the reimposition of the “No Movement Sunday” in the city starting August 16 to disinfect and decontaminate public places. –PNA

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

PPCRV joins push to secure 2026 BARMM polls

DAVAO CITY (August 23)  — As the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) prepares for its first...

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...