Guv Catamco reconvenes NoCot healthboard

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY –— North Cotabato Governor Nancy Catamco has reactivated the long-idle provincial health board.

The health board has died a natural death 14 years ago and has been reconvened and reactivated to address the health concerns of every North Cotabateños.

Dr. Eva Rabaya, North Cotabato provincial health officer and head of the Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO), said the board had become inactive and had not been functioning as an advisory body.

Despite the lull, Rabaya said members have been performing their mandate.

But Catamco said the board must actively do its mandate now, as the country is fighting against the spread of the pandemic.

During the September 23, board meeting, Catamco emphasized the importance of the board especially in addressing the pandemic, as it serves as a recommending body to the provincial government relative to the health concerns of its constituents.

Rabaya shared with the reconstituted board the pillars of health covering service delivery, financing, regulation, governance, accountability, and transparency.

During its first meeting, the health board approved a resolution for the procurement of anti-venom vaccines, anti-rabies medicine as cases of snake bites and animal bites had been on the rise in the province.

In attendance to the meeting was a member of the Health Board, Provincial Board Member Dr. Philbert Malaluan, Dr. Mercedita Salameda of DOH, and Ms. Adela Bustamante who acted as Secretariat.-Newsline.ph

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...