No Davao politician involved in illegal drugs : Año

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Sunday said there are no politicians from Davao region involved in illegal drug activities.

In a text message, DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said he has not received reports of politicians from Davao region who are involved in the illegal drug trade.

“So far wala akong makita na taga Davao (I did not see names from Davao), ” Año said.

In a previous press briefing, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, director of Police Regional Office (PRO)-11, also said they “did not receive information based on the DILG list but we have received intelligence reports that former local politicians were involved in illegal drugs.”

Morales said he cannot divulge their names unless he receives the list from the Philippine National Police and the DILG.

“Our monitoring on illegal drug activities continues, especially (on) politicians,” Morales said. “We don’t want a conflict between our list and the official list of the DILG.”

The DILG secretary earlier announced his office will release the list of so-called narco-politicians.

Año said he would release the narco list this month before the campaign period for local candidates on March 30.

The narco list reportedly includes names of mayors, vice mayors, governors, vice governors, and even congressmen linked to the illegal drug trade. (PNA)

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...