No overpricing, ghost deliveries in gov’t deal with Pharmally-Duterte

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — Government’s contract with Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corp. for the purchase of medical equipment was aboveboard and there were no overpricing and ghost deliveries, President Rodrigo Duterte insisted during a public address aired Thursday.

“There was no overpricing which some senators are so desperately trying to establish. Ayun. Everything was delivered. There was no ghost deliveries as some senators are also implying,” President Duterte said in his address.

“Wala naman talaga kayong makuha. Even if we continue to hear this case until kingdom come, I do not think that you will get anything there, except that you want to dance before the par of public opinion so that you will be noticed and maybe try to impress the voters in this coming election that you are an intellectual.”

President Duterte also cited the testimony of Commission on Audit Chairman Michael Aguinaldo during a separate inquiry by the House of Representatives, which refuted the overpricing allegations of some senators.

The President has previously said that the government’s purchase of face masks and face shields, which legislators have questioned for allegedly being expensive, was free of corruption.

He also asserted that his Cabinet members are “all clean” in response to charges of corruption leveled by the Senate, which is investigating contracts entered into by the government.

“I would be lying if I say there is no corruption. In some other offices now, agencies, department, there are. But I’m making you this guarantee, ‘yong Cabinet members ko wala ‘yan. Puro malinis ‘yan,” he said.

Senators have been investigating the alleged overpricing in the administration’s purchase of medical supplies at the height of the coronavirus pandemic last year.

Editha Z. Caduaya
Editha Z. Caduayahttps://newsline.ph
Edith Z Caduaya studied Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at the University of Southern Mindanao. The chairperson of Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) Inc.
spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...