PH Covid-19 cases flattened-Duterte

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — The cases of coronavirus-19 in the country has flattened, this was the declaration of President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night, September 7, as he faced the nation on a televised address.

“The coronavirus curve flattened. Meaning to say that there are now fewer people with a contaminated disease called COVID-19. Recent scientific studies have shown that the COVID-19 curve in the Philippines has flattened. Walang mga — no significant contamination has been noted by the government. This means that the government effort that we are guided by the best interest of public health and the crucial data provided by medical science paid off,” Duterte said in his opening statement.

Earlier on, Dr. Guido David. a professor from the University of the Philippines professor and OCTA Research Team fellow said the Philippines has flattened the curve of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

In an interview over DZBB on Sunday, David noted that the country’s COVID-19 reproductive number has lowered to around 0.95 from 0.99 last week

For his part, Duterte said the preventive measures which the government adopted to stop the spread of the virus-like limiting the movement of the people and people becoming conscious of the possible mode of transmission, the spread is contained.

With this development, Duterte added, “One important factor that contributed to this development is the awareness of the public and we truly appreciate the majority of those who are following the minimum health protocols set by the IATF”.

Duterte attributed the flattening of cases to the people who abide and followed the health protocol set by the government, “That meant a lot and contributed to what is happening now, that there is a flattening of cases,” he added.

The local chief executive also played a vital role in the implementation of anti-virus or virus measures in their localities, he said but, “Mayroong iba talagang to the hilt, followed protocol, it redounded to the benefit of the people of their localities and I salute you for doing your duty very well.”

But Duterte said, “Despite these positive developments, we would still be vigilant and not let complacency overwhelm us and reduce our sacrifice to naught”.

The key to winning the Covid-19 war, according to Duterte “Is the collective resolve for the people to remain healthy and maintain the protocols that you are now practicing.”-Newsline.ph

spot_img

Related articles

SEC Flags ‘Seagull’ Online Investment Scheme Targeting Caraga Residents

BUTUAN CITY (February 14)  — The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has warned investors in Caraga against an...

From Backyard Coop to ₱550K Enterprise: Siargao Women-Farmers Crack Success in Egg Production

SURIGAO CITY, Surigao del Norte (February 14) — In a quiet barangay on Siargao Island better known for...

₱1-B Boost for Zero Balance Billing: Can Bigger Budget Fix Gaps in Free Hospital Care?

KORONADAL CITY, South Cotabato (February 14)  — For families living one medical emergency away from debt, the additional...

Valentine’s Day in Hard Times: Love, Redefined Across Classes and Communities

DAVAO CITY (February 14)  --- This year, Valentine’s Day arrives not just with roses and heart-shaped chocolates, but...