PNP-10: Holy Week observance in Northern Mindanao was generally peaceful

Date:

Share post:

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – PNP-10 Director PBGen. Lawrence Coop said that the region-wide observance of Semana Santa was generally peaceful and orderly despite some minor incidents.

In a statement, Coop said that crime incidents decreased by 22% during this year’s observance of the Holy Week compared to last year. The incidents were considered cleared after suspects were identified in the conduct of the investigation.

“There were recorded incidents such as theft and physical injury, but all were monitored with immediate police interventions. And like last year, theft still tops our list with the highest incident recorded,” Coop said.

PNP-10 also recorded a drowning incident that happened in Iligan City which resulted in the death of a minor.

Coop added that despite the influx of passengers in terminals, churches, pilgrimage sites, and other areas of convergence, PNP-10 still made sure that peace and order were well maintained.

“We can see how many people are in the terminals, especially in the tourist spots, so I thank all our policemen and other agencies for watching and providing security so that the celebration of Semana can be smooth and peaceful, ” Coop added.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

P34-B CDO coastal road seeks Japan funding as DPWH pushes Mindanao gateway upgrade

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 22) — The proposed P34-billion extension of the Cagayan de Oro Coastal Road...

PH leads regional push to protect spending for children

MANILA (August 22) — The Philippines has convened eight Asian countries in a regional effort to make sure...

When screens replace conversations: Cardinal Tagle urges families to rebuild children’s human connection

MANILA (August 21)  — In the aftermath of another deadly school shooting, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle turned attention...

PTFoMS pushes media safety drive as BARMM, local polls near

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (August 21)  — With two major elections looming, the government’s media security task force...