TF-Davao intercepts 116 LSIs without RT-PCR

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — In six days, the Task Force Davao (TFD) has intercepted some 116 locally stranded individuals (LSIs) who tried to get away with the mandated reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) requirement.

The travellers used different mode of transportation to return home without the needed travel document.

Col. Consolito Yecla, TFD commander said Tuesday, the LSIs entered the city from July 20 up to 26.

Yecla revealed, that based on their record, o f the 116 LSIs, 16 used the Laguidingan Airport in Cagayan de Oro City to enter this city while the 100 others took the land trip.

Of the otal numbers of LSIs, 52 are residents of this city, while the remaining 64 are non-residents who were escorted to the borders of their respective provinces.

Yecla said the TFD informed the intercepted LSIs about existing entry protocols and were made to understand the RT-PCR requirement “should not be viewed as a hassle or an arrest because it was for their protection, as well as of their families”.

“They were not apprehended, they were just held temporarily (so we can) assist them to have an RT-PCR. This will protect them and their families, making sure that they do not carry the virus,” he added.

Mayor Sara Z. Duterte-Carpio last week announced that the city will require RT-PCR from all returning residents coming in through the Davao International Airport (DIA).

Those who have no valid RT-PCR result may undergo test upon arrival at the DIA for free, and will only be allowed back into their homes or places of origin if they tested negative for the virus. Those who test positive will be sent to patient care centers here or in their respective local government units.

The Mayor has warned warned the possibility that some LSIs “bypassing” the testing requirement by using other entry routes around Mindanao.

“I already informed the authorities about it. And they have put up strict measures on the various city entry points,” Duterte said in an earlier radio interview.

On the other hand, the city government here advised non-resident passengers in a statement on Monday to choose airports in their home regions if they have not made prior arrangements with their respective LGUs for pickup at the DIA.

“The city government of Davao cares about your convenience and welfare. We want to avoid non-Davao air passengers stranded in the city,” the local government said. -Newsline.ph

spot_img

Related articles

Norway backs Bangsamoro peace push with upgraded joint ops center in Cotabato

COTABATO CITY (February 17)  — In a region once defined by armed clashes, former foes are now sharing...

DICT arms Tawi-Tawi teachers vs. online child abuse as internet access expands

33 teachers from 12 Sibutu schools in Tawi-Tawi completed cybersecurity, data privacy, and OSAEC training under the Department...

Davao Light energizes Kapalong hospital, marks first major hookup under new franchise

KAPALONG, Davao del Norte (February 17)  — Reliable power has finally reached a critical lifeline in this town. The...

Basilan launches first Madaris council, eyes model Islamic education system by 2026

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 17) — In a move seen as a milestone for Islamic education in the province,...