₱68-M Shabu Found in Abandoned “Bao-bao” in ZamboSur

Date:

Share post:

ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR (April 30)  — What began as a routine checkpoint inspection led to a major drug bust after authorities uncovered an estimated ₱68 million worth of suspected shabu hidden inside an impounded tricycle-like vehicle.

Police Major Jason Ray Gomera, chief of the provincial highway patrol team, said the illegal drugs were discovered Tuesday evening, April 28, during a Technical Inspection and Inventory Report (TIIR) on a “bao-bao” flagged earlier in Pagadian City.

Tucked beneath the driver’s seat, operatives found 10 plastic packs containing white crystalline substance. The discovery prompted immediate coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the Philippine National Police Drug Enforcement Group, which later confirmed the haul’s street value at ₱68 million.

The vehicle had been stopped at a checkpoint in Barangay Buenavista after its driver—identified only as “Abdullah”—was cited for unauthorized modification and failure to present registration documents. Authorities said the driver, a resident of Cotabato City, abandoned the vehicle and never returned after receiving a citation.

The seized drugs were inventoried in the presence of local officials and media before being turned over to the drug enforcement group for proper handling.

Investigators are now working to trace the origin and intended destination of the illegal shipment, raising concerns about the continued use of modified public utility vehicles in drug trafficking routes across Mindanao.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

BENEATH THE BADGE Earns Fifth International Recognition, Continues Global Rise of Philippine Regional Documentary Filmmaking

DAVAO CITY, Philippines (May 21) — What began as a deeply personal and fearless exploration of power, policing,...

Iqbal resists resignation as BARMM power struggle exposes cracks inside MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 21) — A growing political crisis inside the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao has...

Duterte taps veteran ICC acquittal lawyer as defense battle intensifies

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY  (May 21) — Former president Rodrigo Duterte has strengthened his legal defense before the...

Comelec races to fast-track BARMM poll results, eyes full proclamation in 48 hours

MANILA  (May 21) — The Commission on Elections is aiming for an unusually fast turnaround in the first-ever...