Bong Go draws Cebuanos out in the streets, gets strong support from vote-rich province

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — Cebuanos from all walks of life on Saturday went out on the streets in a display of support as the motorcade of former Special Assistant to the President and 2019 senatorial candidate Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go went around in Lapu-Lapu City.

As Go’s motorcade passed by, motorists stopped and honked their horns in acknowledgment, while residents as well as passengers waved back and cheered for the former SAP. 

The vote-rich province of Cebu, now with an estimated 3.1 million registered voters, is considered a bailiwick of the administration. During the 2016 elections, President Rodrigo Duterte won by a landslide in the province with around 1.1 million votes. 

“Nagpapasalamat po ako sa napakainit na pagtanggap ng mga Cebuano. Nakakawala po ng pagod ang ipinapakita ninyong pagsuporta,” said Go, who served as President Duterte’s trusted aide for over 21 years. 

Earlier in the day, Go attended a gathering of supporters from the province in a fellowship held in Wilson Street in Brgy. Lahug, Cebu City.

After that, Go also graced the 26th commencement exercises of the Indiana Aerospace University at the IAU Gymnasium in Mactan, Cebu.  The school offers courses on the field of aviation and aeronautics, as well as Hotel and Restaurant Management and Tourism. 

In his message, Go congratulated the graduates for their diligence and perseverance in the pursuit of their studies which enabled them to complete their course requirements as he also acknowledged the sacrifices of their parents to support their studies. 

“Kung mananatili kayong masipag, matiyaga, disiplinado at matapat hindi malayong makakamit ninyo ang tagumpay,” Go reminded the graduates. 
President Duterte himself had vouched for the character of his former top aide, saying Go is not only a hard worker but also “extremely honest.”

On Friday, Go and the senatorial ticket of the Hugpong ng Pagbabago regional party received an outpouring of support from the people of Danao City, the hometown of President Duterte’s father. 

The HNP, led by presidential daughter and Davao Mayor Sara Duterte has entered into a formal alliance with the One Cebu provincial party led by Cebu 3rd District Rep. Gwendolyn Garcia. 

“With this alliance between One Cebu and HNP we commit to deliver and show our support to the chosen senatorial candidates of HNP,” Garcia had said.
In Danao, Go vowed to remain steadfast in his support of President Duterte as well as his programs and policies, particularly after the people of the city confirmed they are satisfied with the President’s reforms. 

“Ipagpapatuloy ko po ang mga pagbabagong nasimulan ni Pangulong Duterte,” Go said. 
“Isa lamang po akong simpleng probinsyano, isang Bisaya. Hindi po ako galing sa pamilya ng politika o artista. Gusto ko pong patunayan na kahit simpleng tao, basta tapat ang hangaring magserbisyo ay pwedeng pagtiwalaan ng ating mga kababayan,” he added. 

In particular, Go said he fully supports President Duterte’s campaign against criminals, corrupt officials, and illegal drugs.

“Galit si Pangulong Duterte sa mga kriminal, galit din po ako sa kriminal. Galit si Pangulong Duterte sa mga corrupt, galit din po ako sa corrupt. Galit si Pangulong Duterte sa droga, galit din po ako sa droga,” he stressed.

Go likewise said he would push for improved access to quality medical care through a law that would support the establishment of Malasakit Center in more provinces and key urban centers of the country.

Malasakit Center is a program of the Duterte administration which makes it easier and faster for poor patients to avail of medical and financial assistance from the government by bringing together in one room representatives of all concerned government agencies such as the DOH, DSWD, PCSO and Philhealth.

Go’s legislative agenda include programs for agriculture, anti-illegal drugs and criminality, education, housing, long-term sports development, fire protection and prevention, localized peace talks, anti-corruption, barangay welfare, creation of a Department of OFW, and improved benefits for senior citizens

spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...