DavNor town mayor warns residents vs food scammer

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte town Mayor Ernesto Evangelista is urging the public especially business establishment owners not to fall victim to a scam allegedly involving an individual that was reported to be using his name to order foods and drinks from these establishments.

Evangelista revealed, Tea Barrel Santo Tomas was the recent victim of this injurious prank after an impostor ordered 60 cups of milktea last week. The prankster even attempted to ask for a mobile load using his name.

According to Evangelista, The prankster used the mobile number: 0953.1028.799—the same mobile number that was used to order foods and beverages using either the names of the Mayor and Vice-Mayor in New Corella LGU, Kalamansig LGU, Agusan del Sur LGU, Cagayan de Oro LGU, Quezon, Bukidnon LGU, among others.

“I did not transact nor authorize anyone from the Santo Tomas LGU about the said transaction which was obviously a prank. It is sad to note that Team Barrel Santo Tomas has become a fallen victim by this injurious prank,” Evangelista said.

The Mayor added. that all transactions for and in behalf of his name are transacted only by an official representative from the Mayor’s office.

“With this, I hereby urged the public especially restaurant and business owners and their personnel to be wary and exercise caution when dealing with individual or group of people who present themselves as the mayor or LGU employee,” he stressed.

Evangelista advised the public to always call or text the Mayor’s Office (0917.867.6845) to verify dubious transactions and should in case any establishments from the business sector will encounter the same modus operandi, he appealed to report it immediately to the Mayor’s Office or the Santo Tomas PNP for immediate action.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...