OFW dies in Jeddah after falling from a six-storey building

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — An Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) died after she reportedly fell from the six-storey flat of her  employer in Jeddah, on Friday, April 27, 2018.

The Department of Foreign Affairs announced Saturday, April 28, that they are now conducting an investigation on  the circumstances  behind the death of the Filipina worker.

The Philippine Consulate in Jeddah confirmed the death of the Filipina, whose name is  still withheld because the   DFA is still coordinating  with her family in the Philippines.

Consul General Edgar  Badajos reported to the DFA,  that he  already send  a team from the Consulate General that will coordinate with authorities investigating the incident.

The Filipina is said to have acquired head injuries after falling from the sixth-floor flat of her employer.

She was brought to the hospital at 3:30 pm but died shortly.

This is not the first case of an OFW jumping from high building in the Middle East.

Earlier on, Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello II, in an interview with Newsline.ph said, many cases of abuses and deaths involving OFWs are still being investigated “We doubt the circumstances behind their death, kasi kung minsan hindi kapani-paniwala.”-Pia Duran/Newsline.ph

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...