PBBM urges LGU’s to Set up common area for fireworks display

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. used all local government units in the countro to set up a common areas for fireworks display in welcoming the Christmas and the New Year’s day to reduce firecracker related injuries.
“Ang gawin na lang natin ay I will enjoin the LGUs, instead of allowing our people to have their own firecrackers, gumawa na lang kayo ng magandang fireworks display para sa inyong mga constituent,” Marcos said in a chance interview after leading the distribution of Christmas gifts and livelihood aid to children and families in Manila.

Marcos warned Filipinos about the dangers and health effects of firecracker use, particularly those that result from reckless and indiscriminate use of dangerous firecrackers.

“Huwag muna tayong magpaputok at alam naman natin kung minsan delikado ‘yan. Lalo ngayon at maglalabas sila ng mga paputok na hindi natin alam kung saan galing, kung maayos ang pagkagawa,” Marcos pointed out.

The Department of Health (DOH) earlier noted a downward trend in firecracker-related injuries in the country, citing figures in recent years.

DOH Officer-in-Charge (OIC) and Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, in a forum on Tuesday, said 122 cases were recorded in 2020, while 128 were reported last year.

The Philippine National Police, for its part, ramped up efforts to conduct cyber patrol, confiscation and destruction of banned firecrackers and pyrotechnics to protect the public.

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Aleson Resumes Domestic Sailings, but Sabah Repatriation Run Still Hangs on Maritime Clearance

Kota Kinabako, Malaysia (August 16) — Maritine authorities has authorized the resumption of passenger operations by Aleson...

Bonoan: Tanang Senador nakakuha og bahin sa ‘Leadership Fund’

DAKBAYAN SA DAVAO (Agosto 15)—Tanang Senador nakakuha og bahin sa miaging Kongreso og dili mo menus sa...

Mindanao Has the Minerals. Will Pax Silica Bring the Value?

DAVAO CITY (August 15) — Mindanao could become one of the Philippines’ most important sources of the minerals...

Quiboloy extradition: Treaty obligations, due process and the death penalty question

MANILA (August 15) — The Philippine government is preparing to surrender Pastor Apollo Quiboloy to the United States...