Wearing of face masks up to CDO establishments’ discretion

Date:

Share post:

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Wearing face masks inside commercial establishments here will depend on the management’s prerogative, according to the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (Oro Chamber).

During a radio interview on Saturday, Oro Chamber president Raymundo Talimio Jr. said the business community has yet to disseminate in full Executive Order (EO) No. 7 signed by President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on October 28 regarding the optional wearing of masks.

“Even though there is already a mandate, big establishments like malls have rights to impose (internal) rules within their premises (since it’s a private property),” Talimio said.

Under EO 7, wearing of face masks is optional but mandated in health care facilities, medical transport vehicles, and all forms of public transportation.

The same EO also encourages face masks for the elderly, those with comorbidities or immunocompromised, those who are pregnant, symptomatic, and if unvaccinated.

EO 7 is a way  to boost activities and efforts toward full economic recovery, something that Jaime Rafael Paguio, Oro Chamber’s immediate past president, fully agrees with.

“Let us extend our help to those who lost their businesses, and help them bring back (to their feet), help them recover,” he stated in the group’s 3rd Quarterly Report in September.

Mayor Rolando Uy previously urged investors to also put their money in agriculture.

“I believe sustained investments in our farmers can make agriculture an essential driver of our economic recovery,” he said in a previous interview. (PNA)

RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

SC clears way for Bato arrest over ICC warrant — DOJ

MANILA (May 23) — The arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court against Ronald dela Rosa can...

Sara impeachment trial puts accountability test before Senate

MANILA (May 23)— The Senate’s planned impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte is shaping up not only...

PNP launches manhunt for Bato after SC clears ICC arrest

MANILA (May 23) — The net is tightening around Sen. Bato dela Rosa. The Philippine National Police on Friday...

Macacua takeover of BARMM education ministry exposes widening rift in MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 22) — The takeover of the Bangsamoro education ministry by Abdulraof Macacua has deepened tensions...