DavOr strengthens peace program with the military

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — The provincial government of Davao Oriental wanbts to sustain the gains after they were declared free from insurgents by strengthening the programs which will benefit the people especially those in the hinterlands.

Governor Corazon Malanyaon in a meeting with Maj. Gen. Eriel Niembra, the division commander of the 10th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army, last week told the officer that she wants to sustain the gains of her province by providing support to the communities in collaboration with the military and other government agencies which can help her develop the community especially in the delivery of basic services.

“I want the people of Davao Oriental to be pro-active in all our development effort as we work together,” said Niembra in response to the call of the Governor for a unified approach in sustaining the gains of peace.

Davao Oriental has been declared insurgency-free since last year.

Niembra said the lasting partnership between the Provincial Government and the government’s armed forces has always been the key in winning the support of the communities.

Also present during the courtesy call were 701st Brigade Commander Brig. Gen. Oliver Maquiling, 48th Infantry Battalion Commander Lt. Col. Enrique Rafael, 66th Infantry Battalion Commander Julius Munar, 67th Infantry Battalion Commander Arvin Ternorio, ELCAC Action Officer Retired Brig. Gen. Leopoldo Imbang, Jr., and CSU Head Retired Colonel Esnani Mai.

Editha Z. Caduaya
Editha Z. Caduayahttps://newsline.ph
Edith Z Caduaya studied Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at the University of Southern Mindanao. The chairperson of Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) Inc.
RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

Extreme heat forces Zamboanga schools to suspend face-to-face classes

ZAMBOANGA CITY (August 17)  — While heavy rains and storms are forcing schools in parts of Luzon to...

DND hits back at Beijing over Misamis raid: ‘Admission of culpability’

MANILA (August 17)  — A dispute over the arrest of 69 Chinese nationals at a steel plant in...

P9.75-billion free college fund raises question: Can ‘free’ education stay financially sustainable?

MANILA (August 17)  — The government's release of P9.75 billion for free higher education offers much-needed relief to...

BARMM polls stay on despite ambush, but violence tests Bangsamoro transition

COTABATO CITY (August 17)  — The ambush of Bangsamoro Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua has not been enough...