• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Home
  • Regional
    • Davao Region
    • Northern Mindanao
    • Soccsksargen
    • Caraga Region
    • Zamboanga Peninsula
  • Categories
    • Top Stories
    • Environment
    • Police Files
    • Business
    • Davao Region
    • BARMM
    • Newslights
    • Agriculture and Food
    • Bisaya Kini
    • Where’s Our Money
    • War On Drugs
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
NewsLine Philippines

NewsLine Philippines

Building Information Highway for the Community

  • Top Stories
  • Business
  • Health
  • Environment
  • War On Drugs
  • Bisaya Kini
  • OFW News
  • August 31, 2025

Get permit first, Mayor Sara tells investment firms

June 13, 2019 by NewsLine Philippines

DAVAO CITY — Mayor Sara Duterte said she remains firm against investment solicitations unless the companies involved have government permits to do so.

Mayor Sara clarified she has not prohibited Dabawenyos from shelling out their hard-earned money into financial schemes that promise high returns of as much as 400 percent.

However, she made it clear it was her duty to stop dubious investment companies that operated outside of government regulations.

“I have not prohibited them from investing because that is their money, but I reminded Dabawenyos to be careful,” the mayor said in an ambush interview Tuesday at The Tent of Azuela in Lanang here.

“Get permit first from regulatory offices,” Sara told the companies involved.

Sara even said she would allow groups and individuals affected by the closure of investment firms following the series of raids by law enforcement authorities to hold their rallies here.

However, the mayor said any gathering must have the necessary permit unless it is held at the Freedom Park. In the past, the mayor has expressed displeasure over mass rallies that tend to disrupt the movement of people and goods.

In recent days, the so-called “investors” have expressed their outrage on social media for President Rodrigo R. Duterte for ordering the series of raids on companies that offer dubious investment schemes.

One of the entities raided by authorities, the Kapa Community Ministry International, even led prayer rallies to convince the President to reconsider his decision.

In this city, police raided the Organico Business Venture Corporation along Bolton Street early this week. The company is one of the more than a dozen firms soliciting investment from the public in Region 11 (Davao).

Duterte said last week he was merely acting in the interest of the public, reminding potential investors that “when it is too good to be true, it is a fraud.”

“Imagine, your PHP100,000 earns PHP30,000 a month? Even our Bangko Sentral can only give 3 percent, and that’s annually. I have been telling the Filipino people that if what is being promised to you is something like heaven it’s fraud,” he said. -Danilo Adorador/PNA

Filed Under: Business, Top Stories Tagged With: permits for 'investment scheme', Pyramiding in Davao

Primary Sidebar

loader-image
Davao City
Davao City, PH
10:33 am, Aug 31, 2025
temperature icon 29°C
overcast clouds
Humidity: 70 %
Wind: 6 mph
Clouds: 100%
Sunrise: 5:30 am
Sunset: 5:45 pm
Detailed weather
Weather from OpenWeatherMap
  • Human trafficking
  • Bisaya Kini
  • Business
  • Health
  • Environment
  • War On Drugs
  • Newslights
  • OFW News
  • Top Stories
  • Where’s Our Money

Youtube Videos

  • NIA-SKIMO nagsugod na sa "Tree Replacement Program", 187 ektaryang yuta gitanumag Kawayan ug Narra
    by NEWSLINE PHILIPPINES at 5:00 am
  • Libreng medical sa gobyerno, napahimuslan sa daghang residente sa usa ka Brgy. sa Magsaysay, DavSur
    by NEWSLINE PHILIPPINES at 4:00 am

Top Stories

DA to include jeepney, tricycle drivers in ₱20 Rice Program starting Sept. 16

August 30, 2025 By Philippine News Agency

DOLE extends internship opportunities to junior HS students

August 29, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

Maguindanao del Sur drug den owner dead, three cohorts nabbed

August 29, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

DA, LGU Kiblawan launch ‘Gulayan sa Bayan’ project in Davao del Sur

August 29, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

4.5K solo parents get 2nd quarter subsidy in Davao City

August 28, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

More Top Stories Post

Opinion

Content with Purpose: Lessons from Krakow

May 7, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Duterte’s Arrest: A Victory for EJK victims or an injustice to his legacy?

March 12, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Senators failed to get what they wanted from Duterte

October 30, 2024 By Editha Z. Caduaya

More Opinion Post

Environment

DA to include jeepney, tricycle drivers in ₱20 Rice Program starting Sept. 16

August 30, 2025 By Philippine News Agency

DENR-12 seizes illegal lumber in Sarangani Boat-Making crackdown

August 28, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

More Environment Post

Governance

More Governance Post

Footer

Contact Us

Newsline Philippines
Mobile: +63917 150 8377
Email Address: newslineph.corres@gmail.com or newsline.ph@gmail.com

Bisaya Kini

45 anyos ng lalaki sikop sa buy bust operation

July 5, 2025 By Paul Palacio

Negosyanteng babaye gipusil-patay sa Davao

June 29, 2025 By Paul Palacio

Car wash boy gipusil-patay sa North Cotabato

June 27, 2025 By Giovani del Mundo

Kanhi Misamis Occidental congressman nakonbikto  tungod sa PDAF scam

June 14, 2025 By Paul Palacio

16 ka fighter jet gigama sa US aron ihanyag sa Pilipinas

June 7, 2025 By Paul Palacio

More Bisaya Kini Post

Agriculture and Food

President Marcos vows support for Fisheries Sector in GenSan visit

July 4, 2025 By NewsLine Philippines

China Coast Guard blasts Filipino boats with water cannons at Panatag Shoal

June 24, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

Boosting Rice Production in the Philippines: Techno Farms, Policies, and Price Challenges

June 20, 2025 By Editha Z. Caduaya

More Post

DISCLAIMER

Newsline Philippine website welcomes healthy discussion, exchange of opinions friendly debate, but comments posted by our readers does not reflect the views and opinion of Newsline Philippines.

Newsline Philippines reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate and does not follow community standard will automatically be deleted.

Newsline Philippines IPO Reg. No. 4/2017/005044896
Newsline Philippines · Copyright © 2025 · All Rights Reserved