Davao City developers told Ensure Building Integrity

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY — The City Building Office has urged building owners to ensure the integrity of their structures amid recent earthquakes that hit Davao City and many parts of Mindanao.

This, was after the city was among the areas affected by the Magnitude 7.4 earthquake which traced its epicenter in Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur.

Architect Khashayar L. Toghyani, the officer-in-charge of the OCBO, in an interview with the city-owned  Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR), said building owners must ensure the integrity of their establishments through thorough and prompt building assessments.

Toghyani advised the developers to be proactive in conducting building assessments after a series of aftershocks were felt after the Magnitude 7.4 earthquake last week.

Seeking help from professionals in the field of building structures will guide the building owners in the assessments of their buildings, he stressed.

While public buildings are immediately inspected by government authorities, private buildings must be evaluated by structural engineers and those who have the expertise in evaluating structures.

But the result of their findings must be submitted to the OCBO and only then can the office conduct proper actions to aid the developers, according to Toghyani.

This developed as Toghyani  said his office is still conducting building inspections after a series of aftershocks.

But he revealed three buildings that have sustained damages and are advised for urgent repairs.

Assessment must be focused on the structural defects and integrity of the building and repairs must be immediately by done if needed.-with report from CIO

Editha Z. Caduaya
Editha Z. Caduayahttps://newsline.ph
Edith Z Caduaya studied Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at the University of Southern Mindanao. The chairperson of Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) Inc.
spot_img

Related articles

Ramadan Hugs Heal Old MILF-BARMM Rift

COTABATO CITY (February 20)  — A Ramadan embrace went viral Wednesday night, as BARMM Interim Chief Abduraof “Sammy”...

Two Small Lives Lost in Nabunturan — And the System That Looked Away

NABUNTURAN, Davao de Oro (February 20)  — In Purok 5, Barangay Magsaysay, grief is no longer private. It...

Shear Line Soaks Caraga, Forces Evacuations and Class Suspensions

BUTUAN CITY (February 20)  — Torrential rains triggered by a shear line forced evacuations, class suspensions, and road...

After 52 Years in the Fields, a Farmer Finally Holds His Land — But Why Did It Take Half a Century?

ZAMBOANGA CITY (February 20)  — For 52 years, Levi Chavez cultivated land that fed his family but did...