SSS flagged six establishments for non-remittance of employees contribution

Date:

Share post:

DAVAO CITY —The Social Security System Toril district last Wednesday issued a 15-day notice to six establishments under their district for failure to remit the contribution of their employees.

On Holy Wednesday, Mary Ellen A. Estoque, Vice  President for Mindanao South 1 Division led the team and personally handed the notice to six violators in the different areas of the city.

Under the program “Run After Contributors Evaders (RACE)” Estoque said the agency exerted an effort to compel employers to report to their agency every employee of their  workers.

“The SSS cannot just shut down establishment because we adopt an employer-friendly approach, we give time for them to comply the law, we cannot just close establishment but we can cause the imprisonment of the business owner,” she emphasized during the press conference,

“We are conducting inspections all over the country to ensure that the employees remittances are paid for them to avail the benefits,” Estoque added.

“My district caters to small and medium enterprises, as you noticed all those establishments issued with notice are not big enterprises,” Jocelyn Gopo.

“We are conducting inspections regularly and reminding them to comply with the law,” she added.

Toril district has collected more than P23-million from delinquent contributors last week, though Gopo said “This time will be able to collect more.”

Editha Z. Caduaya
Editha Z. Caduayahttps://newsline.ph
Edith Z Caduaya studied Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at the University of Southern Mindanao. The chairperson of Mindanao Independent Press Council (MIPC) Inc.
RIZAL MEMORIAL COLLEGEspot_img

Related articles

SC clears way for Bato arrest over ICC warrant — DOJ

MANILA (May 23) — The arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court against Ronald dela Rosa can...

Sara impeachment trial puts accountability test before Senate

MANILA (May 23)— The Senate’s planned impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte is shaping up not only...

PNP launches manhunt for Bato after SC clears ICC arrest

MANILA (May 23) — The net is tightening around Sen. Bato dela Rosa. The Philippine National Police on Friday...

Macacua takeover of BARMM education ministry exposes widening rift in MILF leadership

COTABATO CITY  (May 22) — The takeover of the Bangsamoro education ministry by Abdulraof Macacua has deepened tensions...